Access North Center for Independent Living of Northeastern Minnesota
Assistive Technology Demonstration and Loan Program
Access North - Hibbing Office
1309 E 40th St, Hibbing, MN, 55746
Provides demonstration and help to get Assistive Technology (AT) for people with disabilities
Assistance is provided to find ways to get the needed technology, such as advocacy, with insurance or referral for funding sources.
Specific services include:
* Information and referral
* Education, awareness and training
* Individual advocacy - help to get the technology by working with funding
* Device demonstration and device loan
- Device loans up to 30 days
* Reuse and recycle program
- Assistance with community resources
- Older adults with disabilities
People with any type of disability
Specific services and programs may have other eligibility requirements.
Aitkin, Carlton, Cass, Cook, Crow Wing, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, Pine and St. Louis counties
- Access North - Duluth Office 118 E Superior St, Duluth, MN, 55802
Other Services or resources
- Adult Companion Services
- Advocacy - Disabilities
- Assistive Technology
- Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) Support Planner
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Assessment
- Home Accessibility Modification
- Home Management Registration
- Homemaker Services
- Individual Community Living Supports (ICLS)
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) with Family Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) with Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) without Training
- Job Search Assistance
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Nursing Home Relocation Services
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Choice
- School to Adult Life Transition
- Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS)
- Specialized Equipment and Supplies
- Transitional Services
- Veteran Benefits Assistance
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LH-0650.0250Assistive Technology Equipment Loan Definition
Programs that enable individuals who have physical or sensory limitations to borrow the assistive technology products they require at no charge. Loans may be long or short-term in nature and the devices are returned once the agreed-upon period of time has elapsed.
LH-0650.0700-015Assistive Technology Equipment Acquisition Assistance Definition
Programs that pay all or a portion of the costs associated with purchasing, leasing or otherwise acquiring assistive technology equipment. Included are programs that pay for needed assistive technology products outright and those that provide or arrange for interest-free, low-interest or market rate loans to finance the lease/purchase.
LH-2700.0500-030Assistive Technology Product Demonstration Centers Definition
Programs that exhibit and display the use of different assistive technology products including cognitive/learning aids, control and signaling aids, daily living aids, hearing augmentation aids, mobility aids, prosthetic/orthotic/seating devices, recreational aids, speech aids and visual/reading aids to enable people with disabilities who may want to purchase an item to review, try out and evaluate their alternatives.
LH-2700.0600Assistive Technology Training Definition
Programs that provide training for individuals who have physical or sensory limitations and/or for their caregivers which focuses on the care and utilization of the particular type of assistive technology product they require and changes the devices might require in their lives. Assistive technology training may deal with cognitive/learning aids, computer access aids, assistive technology software, control and signaling aids, daily living aids, hearing augmentation aids, mobility aids, prosthetic/orthotic/seating devices, recreational aids, speech aids and/or visual aids.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YJ-8750People With Disabilities/Health Conditions Definition
Individuals who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations, illnesses or injuries that affect their ability to engage in one or more major life activities. Disabilities and health conditions may be temporary or permanent, may be present at birth or occur at any point in a person's lifetime, and can be of different levels of severity.
YQ-1500Consumer Directed Organizational Perspective Definition
Organizations and individual practitioners who offer maximum choice and control (including the ability to select, manage and dismiss their workers) to people who use services or other supports to help with daily activities.