LSS Financial Counseling Service
Foreclosure Avoidance Counseling
LSS Financial Counseling Service - Minneapolis
2400 Park Ave, Center for Changing Lives, Minneapolis, MN, 55404
Distance: 1115 Miles
Foreclosure avoidance counseling provides information and assistance to help you avoid foreclosing on your mortgage and losing your home. This non-profit agency has been approved by Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to offer the service. HUD foreclosure avoidance counseling is free-of-charge.
The counseling session(s) will help you determine if you are eligible for a loan adjustment, or if you can refinance your mortgage to reduce monthly payments. If you are eligible, the counselor will work with you to prepare an intake package (paperwork) for your mortgage servicer.
HUD-certified housing counselors are experts in foreclosure prevention and will set up a plan of action designed just for you and your situation.
Housing counselors will:
* Provide free, confidential and nonjudgmental assistance
* Review your current finances and give you a clear idea of your options and eligibility for a mortgage modification
* Work with you to submit paperwork to your mortgage company to apply for a mortgage modification
* Be sure you are taking advantage of available government programs to save your home
* Help you postpone your sheriff's sale so you have more time to work out a solution with your lender
- Free / no cost to everyone
- People with low income
Anyone in Minnesota or Northern Wisconsin facing or at risk of foreclosure
This organization provides housing referrals/resources to ex-offenders reentering the general population from a correctional facility.
|Toll Free||(888) 577-2227|
- LSS Financial Counseling Service - Brainerd 716 E St NE, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- LSS Financial Counseling Service - Duluth 424 W Superior St, Ste 600, Duluth, MN, 55802
- LSS Financial Counseling Service - Lifetrack 709 University Ave W, St. Paul, MN, 55104
- LSS Financial Counseling Service - Mankato 710 S 2nd St, Mankato, MN, 56001
- LSS Financial Counseling Service - Willmar 1601 Highway 12 E, Ste 6, Willmar, MN, 56201
- LSS Financial Counseling Services - St. Cloud 2835 W Saint Germain St, Ste 550, St. Cloud, MN, 56301
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3700.3200HUD Approved Counseling Agencies Definition
Agencies funded by the federal Office of Housing and Urban Development to provide prepurchase and mortgage default counseling, home equity conversion (reverse mortgage) counseling and information about the HUD rent assistance program for current and prospective purchasers and tenants.
DM-1800.5000Mortgage Delinquency and Default Counseling Definition
Programs that provide assistance for people who are unable to make their mortgage payments and at risk of losing their homes through foreclosure or who are already in the foreclosure process. Services may include information about the foreclosure process, legal timelines and how to contact and negotiate with a lender; assessment of the homeowner's financial situation and development of a plan to address homeownership and financial issues; in-depth financial counseling regarding foreclosure avoidance options and/or options that involve leaving the home; advocacy with lenders, when necessary; and referrals to foreclosure prevention resources. Also included are programs that provide mediation services to negotiate a compromise between the individual and the financial institution that holds their mortgage in order to avoid foreclosure.
YM-6200People At Risk of Foreclosure Definition
Individuals and families who are unable to make their mortgage payments and at risk of losing their homes through foreclosure or who are already in the foreclosure process. Also included are people who are unable to make their property tax payments and at risk of losing their homes through tax foreclosure.