Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) - Financial Management Services (FMS) Provider
Lifeworks Services Inc. - Cedar
6636 Cedar Ave S, Ste 250, Richfield, MN, 55423
Distance: 1034 Miles
A Financial Management Service (FMS) provider provides fiscal management services to people who are self-directing their waiver services. This agency helps with the employment and payment of direct support workers; paying vendors and suppliers; and the billing and bookkeeping of self-directed service funds.
This agency also assists in:
* Ensuring that what the person spends his/her funds on follows the rules of the program and the lead-agency-approved plan
* Helping the person obtain workers' compensation
* Educating the person on how to employ workers
* Documenting and reporting all spending of program funds
* Initiating background studies for workers
* Filing federal and state payroll taxes for workers on the person's behalf
FMS providers serve as the individual's fiscal agent. This means they help the person to fulfill his/her responsibilities in being the employer of his/her workers.
FMS providers are experts in accounting and finance, and employment regulations and practices. These agencies are accountable to several state and federal agencies including: the Minnesota Department of Labor, the Minnesota Department of Revenue, the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED), the United States Department of Labor, and the Internal Revenue Service.
Learn more about this waiver service in the Community-Based Services Manual.
If you want to find direct support workers who may be able to assist you, go to Direct Support Connect[TM]. You'll be able to create a profile about your needs and interests, search for direct support workers and connect securely within the site. If you are a direct support worker looking for a person/employer to support, you can also create a profile and do a search.
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
Anyone self-directing their services and seeking help with employing and managing workers, and paying for services and goods that support the individual to continue living in the community may use an FMS provider.
People on the following publicly funded self-directed consumer direction programs are required to use an Minnesota Health Care Program (MHCP) enrolled FMS provider:
* Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) - for people on the Medical Assistance Home and Community Based Services waivers or the Alternative Care Program
* State-funded Consumer Support Grant (CSG)
* Self-Directed Services under Title III of the Older Americans Act
* Veteran Directed Home and Community Based Services
Call the agency, as each has different requirements.
Financial Management Services providers charge a monthly fee for fiscal management services. These fees vary depending on the scope of services needed.
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Caregiver Living Expenses
- Chore Services (Waiver)
- Day Support Services
- Employment Services (Waiver)
- Family Training
- Homemaker Services
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS)
- Independent Living Skills Therapy (Waiver)
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) with Family Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) with Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) without Training
- Night Supervision
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Choice
- Prevocational Services
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
DM-6000.6000Participant Directed Financial Management Organizations Definition
Organizations that help individuals who receive public funds (or their families) manage and direct the distribution of funds contained in a participant-directed budget; facilitate the employment of staff by performing such employer responsibilities as processing payroll, withholding and filing federal, state and local taxes, and making tax payments to appropriate tax authorities as the participant's agent; perform fiscal accounting; and provide expenditure reports to the participant and/or family and state authorities.