Adult Foster Care In Washington County - Heather Ridge
7483 46th St N, Oakdale, MN, 55128
Distance: 1028 Miles
Crisis Respite services provide short-term care and crisis intervention to a person who is experiencing a behavioral or medical crisis.
Services are provided when:
* The caregiver needs relief and support and person's or others' safety is at risk due to person's crisis, and
* Person needs behavioral or medical intervention to resolve behavioral or medical crisis
About This Location
* Assessment of what led to the crisis
* Creation of a plan (with the service planning team) to help end the crisis and to keep the person safe
* Consultation and training for caregivers as needed
* Recommendations for service changes to prevent or minimize future crisis
* Creation of a transition plan to help the person return home if they are in out-of-home Crisis Respite
The service may only be provided by a Minnesota Statute 245D intensive support provider.
Out-of-home service is currently limited to 180 days, but the lead agency may authorize an extension if the person needs more time for stabilization before returning home or transitioning to a new home.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) or Developmental Disabilities (DD) waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Area Served by County
- Anoka County
- Dakota County
- Hennepin County
- Ramsey County
- Washington County
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Developmental disabilities
The person must be on a Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) or Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver.
In order to access Crisis Respite, call the waiver case manager.
This service is covered by the Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) or Developmental Disabilities (DD) waivers when authorized by the lead agency on the person's waiver service agreement.
Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey and Washington counties
- Adult Foster Care in Anoka County - Parkway House 2361 Quail Creek Pkwy NE, Blaine, MN, 55449
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-7000Respite Care Definition
Programs that provide a brief period of relief or rest for family members, guardians or other people who are regular caregivers for dependent adults or children by offering temporary or intermittent care in the home or in community settings/facilities.
YD-3300Informal Caregivers Definition
Family members, friends, neighbors and others who assume responsibility for attending to the daily needs of individuals who are temporarily or permanently unable to care for themselves due to general frailty; illnesses, injuries or progressively debilitating conditions such as Alzheimer's disease or mental illness; or other incapacitating problems without compensation. Some, but not all, states have programs that help people pay for the caregiver of their choice, and in certain circumstances that can be a family member. Most of these programs have income and other eligibility requirements that the care recipient must meet, and strict rules often apply as to who can be paid for the caregiving. Benefits may also be available for veterans and their families through the Veteran's Administration.
YF-1800Developmental Disabilities Definition
A severe, chronic disability that is attributable to a cognitive, neurological or physical impairment or a combination of cognitive, neurological and physical impairments; that is manifested during the developmental period (prior to age 22); that is likely to continue indefinitely; and that results in substantial functional limitations in three or more areas of major life activity including self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and economic self-sufficiency.