Houston County (Semcac)
138 E Main St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
Distance: 936 Miles
Information, guidance and support for family and other informal caregivers, typically through in-person meetings, over the phone or using online communications.
Supports and empowers seniors and caregivers by addressing their individual needs and preferences, so that they may remain living safely and independently in their own homes and communities as long as possible
Services include, but are not limited to:
* Helping caregivers identify and meet their needs
* Providing information to assist with accessing health and community based services
* Connecting with community resources
* Assisting with applications for assistance and/or services
* Assisting with finding affordable medical/prescription drug coverage
* Make confidential home visits
* Providing ongoing contact for continuing support
* Provide training for caregivers
- Community Action Partnership
- Older adults
- Older adults with disabilities
Services available to:
* Anyone age 60 and over
* Adults of any age who have disabilities and are eligible for Medicare
* Family members who help their elders with daily tasks
* Friends or neighbors who are concerned about seniors
Serves Houston, Fillmore, Dodge and Steele counties
- Dodge County (Semcac) 105 S Mantorville Ave, Kasson, MN, 55944
- Semcac Administrative Office - Fillmore 204 S Elm St, Rushford, MN, 55971
- Steele County (Semcac) 545 Dunnell Dr, Owatonna, MN, 55060
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
FT-1020Certificates/Forms Assistance Definition
Programs that help people obtain, complete and/or file official forms, certificates, documents, applications or other paperwork that is required to apply for benefits or services, initiate or respond to legal action or to officially handle or document the occurrence of a transaction; that help people acquire copies of official documents on file elsewhere; or that review legal documentation an individual has received to help explain its meaning.
RP-1400.8000-145Caregiver Counseling Definition
Programs that provide emotional support, information and guidance in individual and/or group settings for family members, friends, significant others, non-familial caregivers or attendants who are caring for someone who has a serious illness or disability or who is elderly and increasingly unable to provide for his or her own care, and are feeling overwhelmed by their responsibilities and the effect that their caregiving role has had on their lives.
YD-3300Informal Caregivers Definition
Family members, friends, neighbors and others who assume responsibility for attending to the daily needs of individuals who are temporarily or permanently unable to care for themselves due to general frailty; illnesses, injuries or progressively debilitating conditions such as Alzheimer's disease or mental illness; or other incapacitating problems without compensation. Some, but not all, states have programs that help people pay for the caregiver of their choice, and in certain circumstances that can be a family member. Most of these programs have income and other eligibility requirements that the care recipient must meet, and strict rules often apply as to who can be paid for the caregiving. Benefits may also be available for veterans and their families through the Veteran's Administration.