Energy Assistance Program
Fillmore County (Semcac)
515 Washington St NW, Preston, MN, 55965
Distance: 1356 Miles
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
* Help paying energy bills
* Help paying water/wastewater bills
* Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
* Information on efficient and safe use of energy
* Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
* Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income.
See the application form for income limits based on household size.
Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
Serves Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Houston, Mower, Steele and Winona counties
Complete one of the following applications:
* English Application
* Spanish Application
* Hmong Application
* Somali Application
* Vietnamese Application
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
There is no fee.
- Dodge County (Semcac) 105 S Mantorville Ave, Kasson, MN, 55944
- Freeborn County Office (Semcac) 204 W Clark St, Albert Lea, MN, 56007
- Houston County (Semcac) 138 E Main St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- Mower County (Semcac) 111 N Main St, Ste 201, Austin, MN, 55912
- Semcac Administrative Office 204 S Elm St, Rushford, MN, 55971
- Steele County (Semcac) 545 Dunnell Dr, Owatonna, MN, 55060
- Winona County Office (Semcac) 420 E Sarnia St, Ste 1600, Winona, MN, 55987
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
Programs that pay for or provide new or reconditioned heating systems. Furnaces are powered by wood, coal, oil, propane, natural gas or electricity and pump heated air throughout a home or other building using a system of ducts. Some systems heat water which circulates through radiators. Included are programs that provide grants or loans for furnace replacement.
BV-8900.9300Utility Service Payment Assistance Definition
Programs that pay all or a portion of the utility bills of people whose utilities have been or are at risk of being shut off including any reconnection fees that may apply. Also included are non-emergency programs like those funded through the federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), also referred to as LIEAP or HEAP in some states, that provide home energy assistance, generally in the form of a credit, for low-income households that apply. The assistance is usually available once per calendar year (or heating season). Utility bill payment assistance programs may have age, income, disability, need or other eligibility requirements.
BV-8900.9300-950Water Service Payment Assistance Definition
Programs that pay all or a portion of the water service expenses of people whose water has been or is as risk of being shut off including any reconnection fees that may apply. Included are programs that provide assistance with combined water/sewer bills in communities where sewer payments are bundled with payments for water services. Water service payment assistance programs may have age, income, disability, need or other eligibility requirements.